Monday, June 12, 2006

Tactical Operations 2

"That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard!" replied Tak, almost stunned. "Yeah, but remember what we did with the KE - 9 Enforcer droid back on Kamino?" I asked him. "Yeah, but that was dumb too." "Well, we're about to see if it'll work here" I said plainly. "Fine, just do it." he began, "Once you get clear in the hole, sighnal to me, and I'll run for it." "Alright." I said, "Udesiir, I'm not that much of an ordiini." "Sure you're not." He said concisely. With that I ran into the bushes on the side of the droid encampment. I gave Tak a standard audio alarm signal, even though I knew it would probably piss him off. It was pretty annoying. I sent off the beeping to his helmet, and saw him cringe on the hill. "What the **** was that for?!" He yelled to me. "Just tell me to fire!!" I just ignored him, he was firing anyway, so the alarm did it's job. After a few seconds, as planned, the firing stopped and I ran out into the droid horde. They were already disorented, and some weren't even functioning. I figured Tak had used some EMPs along with the turret fire. As I ran towards the shaft, I heard a scream on my com - link. I spun around instinctively to Tak's position, and saw a smoking turret, and an unconsious trooper next to it. I was already too far in to turn around and help him, so I continued on towards the entryway. Besides, i could probably be of more help, repelling droids from there. Disoriented by panic, my vision blurred, then I realized that it was accompanied by a stinging sensation in my left leg. The sensation quickly turned to searing agony. It was only after my leg gave out, just 5 feet from the shaft, that I realized I had been shot.

To be continued...

3 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I have better not been shot again! I am getting really annoyed about the whole getting shot thing lately. It hurts a bit.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. That's never a good sign. Just don't die, you have an excelent track record.

-Darth Sidious, Ruler of the Galaxy, et cetera.

9:45 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Will this ever really be continued?

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home